Things to do
Eagle’s Nest offers a wide range of facilities both in-house and within the immediate surrounds, to ensure your stay with us is a home away from home.
In or near Grahamstown
Facilities & Places of interest.
- B&B or self-catering accommodation
- Ensuite Bathroom with shower
- Free fibre wifi /internet
- Self catering kitchenettes in flats
- Fully Serviced/Housekeeping
- Television in flats
- Internet facilities in flats
- Microwave in flats
- Heaters and fans in flats
- Tea/coffee making facilities in flats
- Flats have own private entrance
- Secure off-street undercover parking onsite
- Swimming pool onsite
- Braai / barbecue – onsite
- Laundry facilities onsite
- Pets welcome by arrangement
- Car hire (less than 5km)
- Exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- Golf (less than 5km)
- Horse riding (less than 5km)
- Medical facilities (less than 5km)
- Nature trails (less than 5km)
- Restaurant & shops(less than 5km)
- Big game & game drives (less than 30km)
- Hunting or fishing (less than 30km)
Places of interest in or near Grahamstown
- 1820 Settlers Museum.
- Albany Museum.
- Observatory Museum houses the only Victorian Camera Obscura in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Church Square – historical building facades in Grahamstown.
- Rhodes University.
- South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity (JLB Institute of Ichthyology).
- International Library for African Music.
- 1820 Settlers National Monument.
- Egazini Memorial (Battle of Grahamstown, 1819)
- The Provost Prison (built 1838 as a military prison)
- Artificers’ Square ( Settler homes built 1824)
- Thomas Baines Nature Reserve (15km on N2)
- Fort Selwyn (stands on Gunfire Hill behind Rhodes University)
- Lalibela Game Reserve (37km on N2)
- Amakhala Game Reserve (55km on N2)
- Kariega Game Reserve (45km on R343)
- Valley of the Ancient Voices (rock art) (20 minutes – Riebeek East Road on R400 & R350)
- Kenton-on-Sea beaches (60km on R343)
- Bathurst (43km on R67)
- Port Alfred beaches (58km on R67)
- Great Fish River Reserve (85km on R345)
- Shamwari Game Reserve (65km on N2)